Thursday, December 11, 2008

I would jump over the deck and run down to the street

Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
Lula in the cabin.

I went to Pigeon Forge, Tn. for a trade show to help out. The owner of the company got us a cabin IN the great smokey mountains to stay in while we were there. It was so incredible I can't even describe how needed the trip was for me. I'm very lucky to have been able to go.

There are miles and miles of laughs to get from an old style telephone hanging on the wall and Tequila. "So? for call waiting, do you turn this thing a few more times? for 911 do you just turn it furious-ly? (demonstration)"

The cabin was so in the woods it was like a tree house. I had never been to the Great Smokies before but I can tell you I would really love to return soon. There was a hot tub on the deck of the cabin and most nights I would be left alone sitting amongst the trees, under the moon enjoying each moment. Except for the one night where Lula and I finished off the bottle of Cuervo in the tub and she went in to pass out. I was all alone outside the cabin. Deep in the woods. Half naked. It was all the sudden the making of a bad horror movie and my imagination got so carried away I had my escape plan all mapped out. For when the killer came. He would creep in through the screen door and I would hide under the water...then I would jump over the deck and run down to the street where the killer's buddy would befriend me and tell me he's taking me to safety, only to end up at his camp...
I scared myself. No matter how hard I tried I could not get my thoughts back to that cute boy I talked to earlier. I finally got enough courage to get out of the tub and run into the house. Only one thing. I had to put the cover on the hot tub...
Peach Park Gardens
Peach Park! a park with scared pony sculptures that led to a BBQ stand! I LOVE the south!


Peach Park Gardens
"Cath, why did you spook the pony?"

Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
Oh yah? lets see a WHOLE city!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed on Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Very nice places to visit. You should have went indoor skydiving. They have a place right on the strip in Pigeon Forge. It was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails