Monday, January 10, 2005

not. a. douchebag.


This is NOT a enema, nor is it a douche.

When my grandmother passed away a few years ago, the only things I really wanted were
-the oriental rug that laid in the SAME place in her living room for all my years. (I got it!)
-and this.
(but I actually made out because I got her pearls TOO!-she left them to me!)

This is my grandmothers HOT WATER BOTTLE and in the winter, I have it with me at ALL TIMES. I have it sitting on my lap right now. I refill it more than seven times a day. I love it. There are places on it that the ruber is so old, it's started cracking.

Grandma Helena ALWAYS had it in her hand. always.

It keeps my fingers warm when I'm typing away on the computer, it settles an upset stomach, it's something warm to hold onto when falling asleep, but most of all, it comforts me like she did.

1 comment:

  1. Now that's just sweet! I have fond memories of my Grandma too. Apple pies and the way she took her hearing aid out when she didn't want to listen to someone. Golden agers got her up in front of congress to talk about social security. She took her hearing aid out, went up and talked for 30 minutes. They had given her less than that, but nobody was going to haul a little old lady away from the microphone and she wasn't taking a hint. LOL - her name was Molly Brown and she earned the nickname "The Unsinkable Molly Brown"... but I digress. Amazing how things remind us of people. Some of my cherished posessions are the same way - a key fob, a ring. Because they belong to people we love. I like where your heart lives. Toby Venar - a.k.a. Bluesman (tobias.venar@comcast.net)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails